A large number of international English students wish to take the IELTS test to obtain accpetance onto an undergraduate course or Masters course.
There are also many other professional and training bodies in the areas of law and medicine, such as the NMC and the UK General Medical Council, which require a specified IELTS score. The IELTS test is also an important proof of English level for immigration purposes to some countries and for employment purposes.
Our IELTS course prepares students for the Academic Module. Students study the language and skills necessary to help them achieve the necessary score in the IELTS test through a mixture of specific exam practice and general English.
Students can study on a part-time (9 hours per week) or full-time (16 hours per week) basis. The courses are designed by our senior tutors who have a great deal of experience tutoring IELTS and an in depth knowledge of this challenging examination.
The course consists of grammar and general IELTS preparation classes, in which students improve their listening, speaking, academic reading and writing skills for the exam. The program also includes intensive speaking and writing sessions. The weekly practice test is monitored by the Director of Studies and helps students become familiar with the test format and procedures and also acts as a self-measuring tool for students. Weekly feedback is given to students on an individual basis following the test and the results are recorded in the academic student file.
Students are required to have a proven intermediate (minimum B.1.) level of English to take this course. The course is run on a continuous enrolment basis from September to June. The cost of the examination is £160 or £200 for IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration and is NOT included in the course fees and students must enrol for the examination directly. Your Personal Tutor can help to guide you through the registration process.
All students receive a Peartree Languages certificate at the end of the course. This certificate will show your name, your start date, your end date, your course type and your final level.
For general information on this exam please visit www.ielts.orgCourse Price List
- All classes have a maximum of 12 adult students
- Students must buy a book suitable to their IELTS level which costs approximately £30
- We charge an administration fee of £ 25 per student in the first month only.
- We charge an administration fee of £ 50 per student for issuing a letter of acceptance or student Visitor Visa letter plus any postage costs.
- A discount of 5% of total course fees (not administration) is offered when three months of study is paid in advance.
- A minimum of one month of fees and administration fee is required in advance to start your course.